Atlantic Canada Language Academy is located in beautiful Lunenburg, Nova Scotia – a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of Canada’s most beautiful places. Established in 1753, Lunenburg is full of history and rich in culture.
Lunenburg is a safe community with no crime and is the ideal location for young students who are away from home for the first time. ACLA students often enjoy exploring the coastal community and spending time on the scenic waterfront which is home to the famous racing schooner, the Bluenose!
Lunenburg’s harbor-side streets are lined with unique shops and restaurants that blend with the well-preserved and colorfully painted historic homes, much of it like a living museum from the 18th century. It is truly a magical place to spend your summer – we look forward to meeting you!
The team at Atlantic Canada Language Academy assists with all aspects of your family’s adventure abroad. Our settlement plan furthermore includes assistance with all aspects from moving in, connecting utilities, transportation to enrolling children in
public school, locating shops, pharmacies and other services.
Student Services officer will also keep you informed of community events and activities to ensure that you are fully immersed in the community.
BEAUTIFUL AND HISTORIC
• A UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Close to the Bay of Fundy, with the world’s highest waves
• Home to a famous schooner Bluenose II, a Berlin Wall segment, culinary adventures and more!
• Explore by foot, bike, boat or horse and cart
PERFECT FOR ALL AGES
• One of the safest places in the world
• Plentiful high-quality schools and opportunities for children
• Peaceful living on the ocean’s edge
• Just 65km from Halifax, our nearest city
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH CULTURE
• Enjoy our folk music festival,
documentary film festival, and festival of crafts
• Visit our plentiful museums and exhibitions
• Sample culinary delights at our weekly Farmer’s market, vineyard tours, cranberry
• Hike along our stunning trails and discover secret beaches
1. Extremely high student approval rating
Our students highly recommend us
2. Safe and cultural location
The only ESL school in historic Lunenburg.
Our school itself is a piece of history!
3. Unique opportunities
With our fantastic location come opportunities to sail,
golf, rock climb, go whale-watching and take up archery.
4. Open community
Lunenburg is very inclusive, with the population made
up of people from many countries and our students
reporting they felt welcome and at home from the day
5. Lunenburg Live
Sample our courses and get a taste of Lunenburg before
you ever leave with our immersive online learning
6. Trusted partnerships and accreditations
Our school is proud to be accredited by Languages
Canada and EduNova and be partnered with more than
14 Pathway Partners to move onto after studying with us.
Studying at ACLA gives you the chance to experience life in a whole new way. Love life by the ocean and embrace our safe and fun-loving way of life.
Studying abroad is an exciting experience, but it can feel like a big step. Moving somewhere new, learning a language, and making new friends will feel easy and supported with our friendly team, many of whom have lived in other countries themselves. Every member of our staff and your fellow students will welcome you with open arms, making your transition feel natural and allowing you to enjoy the experience!